CONTRIBUTING TO THE REVITALIZATION OF OUR NEIGHBOURHOOD
A unique urban renewal project aimed at reviving the Empress Theatre, NDG’s little-known landmark
A convivial atmosphere, a cultural destination, a creative space for exchange and discovery in the heart of Notre-Dame-de-Grâce.
Once renovated, the new Empress Theatre will offer programming geared towards the interests and tastes of the community, and provide a space where diverse social and cultural activities can take place.
- Contribute to the evolution and appeal of NDG
- Develop a strong identity for Sherbrooke Street West
- Establish a new hub of cultural and artistic activity to meet community demands
- Enhance community engagement by developing educational, socio-cultural activities
- Major investment in the sustainable revitalization of the neighbourhood
- The creation of between 25 and 30 jobs and numerous indirect employment opportunities
- Provide a long-term source of direct economic stimulus to area businesses
Following the recent tragic events of heritage buildings lost to fire in Montreal, we are very concerned about the fate of the Empress Theatre on Sherbrooke Street West which has been unoccupied for far too long. Abandoned historical buildings such as the Empress are...read more
The Foundation is made up of nine enthusiastic volunteer board members and one dedicated Executive Director. We also have a dozen volunteers who participate on committees for fundraising, communication, real estate, cinema and finance. Cinéma NDG started the project...read more
When I was a mere lad, I spent many a night at the Cinema V. Saw 3D movies when the glasses were cardboard and coloured celluloid, offbeat indy premieres like Andy Warhol’s Frankenstein, cartoon compendiums and lost classics like Alfred Hitchcock’s “The Ring” (I saw...read more